Monday, April 28, 2008

Work In Progress: Java Town

Something kind of weird happened a couple of weeks ago. Dan (Vado, Head Cheese at the famed SLG Publishing empire) suggested for the second or third time in as many years that we do a collection of the best comics material from my long gone zine/comic hybrid, Java Town. That's not the weird part, the weird part is that I immediately sat down and started drawing brand-new Java Town comic material. Just a bit of background here: I created my first comic, It's Science with Dr. Radium, in 1986 and continued to make comics for around 10 years. By the late 90s I had fallen seriously out of love with comics and began focusing on my other work (graphic design and illustration). I always knew that I would someday get back into the business of making my own comics again (in fact, I've made several unpublished attempts at comics in the interim) but I was surprised at how suddenly it all seemed like a good idea and by how much I enjoyed doing it again. I expect to have about 50 to 75 percent new material in the Java Town collection. Here's a sample of my first few new pages (click on the art to make it biggerer):



1 comment:

John Platt said...

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!